Wednesday 15 August 2012

London 2012 Olympics

Having been away for for the final days of the Olympics, I felt rather saddened to come back knowing that the flame had been put out, and that I had missed out on so many events. 
All I can say is that I am glad that so much positive has come from the Olympics. I believe that they have inspired not just the younger generation, but the nation as a whole. I felt so proud to watch the athletes step onto the podium to receive their reward for all the hard work and dedication they have put in over the years, and to watch their faces light up after finally reaching that goal. It was truly inspiring. I only wish that I could have been there in person to witness some of it.
To all involved, they should be proud of this huge accomplishment. I had no idea what to expect, and it was overwhelming what they managed to achieve. The athletes, workers, builders, volunteers and everyone else, you did the country proud. I take my hypothetical hat off to you.

Bring on Rio 2016!

It may not be much, but I decided to knock up a little tribute to the Olympics.




No comments:

Post a Comment